The Daily Brief: Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 (Short Form)
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups . . ."
The following is an excerpt of an official statement released today, by the White House and President Trump. To read his full remarks,click here.
And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.
We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.
As a candidate, I promised to restore law and order to our country, and our federal law enforcement agencies are following through on that pledge. We will spare no resource in fighting so that every American child can grow up free from violence and fear. We will defend and protect the sacred rights of all Americans, and we will work together so that every citizen in this blessed land is free to follow their dreams in their hearts, and to express the love and joy in their souls.
Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America.
- Father God, we offer praise tonight that You have placed this good man in the office of the President of the United States of America. We come against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, who even this morning are working to remove him from his throne. We thank You, Lord, that as we pray, You will answer. In Your Name, amen.
- "But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)
2. Merck CEO Resigns From Trump Council Over Charlottesville - One America News
Merck & Co Inc Chief Executive Kenneth Frazier resigned from U.S. President Donald Trump's American Manufacturing Council on Monday, saying he was taking a stand against intolerance and extremism. Frazier, who is African-American, is the only CEO so far to leave one of Trump's advisory councils because of his reaction to the violence in Virginia. Prominent Democrats and Republicans criticized Trump's response to the violence over the weekend.
A gathering of hundreds of white nationalists in Virginia took a deadly turn on Saturday when a car plowed into a group of counter-protesters and killed at least one person.
Trump had said "many sides" were involved, drawing fire from across the political spectrum for not specifically denouncing the far right.
"America's leaders must honor our fundamental views by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy, which run counter to the American ideal that all people are created equal," Frazier said in a statement announcing his resignation. (Read more)
- Father, our nation is so polarized that even a CEO of a major company can't discern what is actually being said. We pray from the depths of our hearts that You will bring a move of Your Holy Spirit to our land.
- "Revive Your Work in the midst of the years. In Your wrath, remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
3. Scaramucci: Elements From Within Want to Eject Trump - TruNews
Mr. Scaramucci made these comments during an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week".
"The president is not a representative of the political establishment class, and so for whatever reason, people have made a decision that they want to eject him," Mr. Scaramucci said. "It's almost like he's opened up the door now for America's CEOs and America's billionaires to enter the Washington political system. The members of that political class do not like that."
Mr. Stephanopoulos asked Mr. Scaramucci if President Trump was fighting "an enemy within the White House." "I think that there are elements inside of Washington, also inclusive in the White House, that are not necessarily abetting the president's interests or his agenda," Mr. Scaramucci said. "I absolutely believe that, yes."
Mr. Stephanopoulos prompted Mr. Scaramucci to "name names", but the former Trump staffer diverted, noting that he had already gone on record with who he believed were undermining the administration. "Well, I named some names," Mr. Scaramucci said. "There's been some strategic changes, and my guess is there will be more strategic changes. I think the president's getting his arms around the fact that if he wants to prosecute his agenda, he's got to bring in loyalists to him." (Read more)
- Lord, we erect a hedge of Your powerful protection around President Trump. As You protected King David against those who would make war with him and Your people, we ask that You do the same for the President as he fights to right our ship of state.
- "When my enemies turn back, they shall fall and perish at Your presence."
4. Chelsea Handler Calls for Military Coup to Overthrow Trump - Breitbart
Talk show host Chelsea Handler took to Twitter over the weekend to urge the generals in President Donald Trump's administration to "remove" the president from office. "To all the generals surrounding our idiot-in-chief . . . the longer U wait to remove him, the longer UR name will appear negatively in history," the Netflix host tweeted Friday.
Handler kept up her criticism of Trump through the weekend while tweeting about the deadly car attack in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday, tweeting directly to Ivanka Trump to tell her father to condemn racism while urging Republicans to "stop this madness." Handler has been one of the president's most vocal celebrity critics. The comedian regularly attacks Trump on her Twitter account, and has also gone after members of the president's family, including First Lady Melania Trump and Eric and Lara Trump's unborn child. (Read more)
- Lord, this talk show host is but one of many voices who cannot seem to hear what the President actually says. They are deceived and blinded to the truth. We ask that You remove the blinders from their eyes and the deafness from their ears, and stop their vicious attacks in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
- "The soul of the wicked desires evil." (Proverbs 21:10a)
5. McMaster Worked at Think Tank Backed by Soros-Funded Group that Helped Obama Sell Iran Nuclear Deal - Breitbart
White House National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster served at a UK-based think tank financed by a controversial, George Soros-funded group identified by the Obama White House as central in helping to sell the Iran nuclear deal to the public and news media.
From September 2006 to February 2017, McMaster is listed as a member of International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), where he served as consulting senior fellow. The IISS describes itself as a "world-leading authority on global security, political risk and military conflict." The IISS has been supportive of the Obama administration-brokered 2015 nuclear accord with Iran, and the group has repeatedly hit back against charges that Tehran has violated the agreement.
McMaster himself has been accused of purging the National Security Council of hardliners on Iran, and he is seen as a leading proponent of the Iran nuclear accord within the Trump administration. He has reportedly urged the White House to recertify Iran's compliance with the Iran nuclear deal. (Read more)
- Father, it appears that McMaster may be against President Trump. We ask that any and all personal agendas that are contradictory to those of our President be removed and revealed, or that he be fired. He has already demanded that there be no use of the term "Islamic terrorism" because he believe it is not helpful. We ask for truth, Lord. In Your Name, amen.
- "Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and such as breathe out violence." (Psalm 27:12)
6. DOJ Sued for Concealing Comey Records - WND Washington watchdog Judicial Watch has filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Department of Justice for refusing to provide copies of non-disclosure agreements pertaining to fired FBI Director James Comey. The federal department simply refused to respond to the Judicial Watch request.
The FBI allowed Comey to leave his position with copies of his notes of private conversations with President Trump, which he then turned over to a friend with instructions to publicize them in the media in an effort to provoke a special-counsel investigation.
Judicial Watch said Friday it filed the legal action "for all non-disclosure agreements pertaining to the handling, storage, protection, dissemination, and/or return of classified information that were signed by or on behalf of former FBI Director James Comey." (Read more)
- Father, wherever the corruption is within the FBI, we ask that You root it out and expose it for all the world to see.
- "When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it." (Psalm 37:34c)
7. Muslim convert runs for Congress, but stays silent on her faith - WND
Regina Mustafa is trying to become the first Muslim woman elected to Congress and, if successful, she says she will use her "sheer passion" to represent oppressed minorities across the United States, fight for more gun control and battle against climate change. Mustafa, a 37-year-old community activist living in Rochester, Minnesota, has announced her candidacy for the state's 1st congressional district. Mustafa moved to the state 12 years ago from Philadelphia. She is one of eight Democrats running for the seat being vacated by Tim Walz, D-Minn., who's leaving Congress to run for governor. Whoever wins the primary will likely win the general election in a district that swings Democrat. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that You will change this woman's heart and reveal truth to her.
- "Assuredly I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)
8. Officials: Fleas in Two Arizona Counties Tested Positive for the Plague - Breitbart
Fleas in two Arizona counties tested positive for the Bubonic plague - the same disease that killed millions of people in the 14th century throughout Africa, Asia, and Europe, public health officials say.
Navajo County public health officials announced Friday that fleas collected near the town of Taylor tested positive for Yersinia pestis, the bacteria that causes the Bubonic plague, the Associated Press reports. The announcement came one week after Coconino County officials first discovered fleas in the area found to be carrying the plague.
KNXV reports that Coconino County officials first discovered the plague-infested fleas in the Red Lake area last week but also found fleas in the Doney Park area that tested positive for the disease. (Read more)
- Lord, we take authority over the plague infested fleas and by the power of Jesus' Name and by His Blood. We command that this disease will go no further and will be reversed from all states involved.
- "Behold I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
9. China and India on brink of armed conflict as hopes of resolution to border dispute fade - South China Morning Post
Chinese and Indian troops are readying themselves for a possible armed conflict in the event they fail in their efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution to their border dispute on the Doklam plateau in the Himalayas, observers said. On Friday, India's defence minister Arun Jaitley told parliament that the country's armed forces are "prepared to take on any eventuality" of the stand-off, Indian Express reported the same day.
Sources close to the Chinese military, meanwhile, said that the People's Liberation Army is increasingly aware of the possibility of war, but will aim to limit any conflict to the level of skirmishes, such as those contested by India and Pakistan in Kashmir. (Read more)
- Lord It was written that these things would occur. Both China and India are nuclear powers- we pray for calm, and speak Shalom peace to this situation.
- "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." (Matthew 24:6)
10. 18 killed in attack on restaurant in Burkina Faso capital - Fox/AP
Suspected Islamic extremists opened fire at a Turkish restaurant in the capital of Burkina Faso late Sunday, killing at least 18 people in the second such attack on a restaurant popular with foreigners in the last two years. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the violence, which continued into the early hours Monday. Gunfire could be heard almost seven hours after the attack began.
In addition to those killed, eight others were wounded, Communications Minister Remi Dandjinou told journalists. Two of the attackers were also killed, he said. The victims came from several different nationalities, he said. At least one of the dead was French and another was Turkish. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that You stem the ride of Islamic terrorists in all countries of the world. We pray Your comfort for these families who have lost loved ones.
- "He will redeem their life from violence; and precious shall be their blood in His sight." (Psalm 72:14)